Applications are welcome from:
• students at Master and PhD level (applications from students at Bachelor level will be considered as well)
• MDs and trainees (specializzandi) in Medicine
• professionals and aid workers
showing strong interest in the TOAfrica Summer School program and with a good knowledge of English thanks to study, volunteering, working or any other relevant experience.
Although not mandatory, the possession of a Bachelor’s degree - such as the laurea triennale for Italian students – and with verifiable professional experience in the world of international cooperation, healthcare or in a field related to the topics covered by the program, will both be considered as a bonus during the selection process. Similarly, language certification is not required, but certifications of level B2 and above will be taken into consideration.
The maximum number of accepted participants will be 30.
The Selection Committee will focus on the following points:
• Academic performance and fluency in English;
• Consistency between the applicant’s academic background/ professional expertise and the topics covered in the Summer School program;
• Individual potential as expressed by the applicant’s CV;
• Strength of the applicant’s motivation and commitment, as expressed in the motivation letter.
Applicants are requested to fill in and submit:
• The online application form;
• Their updated Curriculum Vitae;
• A copy of their University degree or any letter testifying their current student status;
• A motivation letter for participation in the Summer School;
• Any other relevant documentation the applicants may want to include.
Upon receiving a candidate’s online application, the Programme Officer will check that compulsory requirements are met and that all required documents have been correctly submitted. The application package will then be passed on to the Selection Committee.
Applications will open on the 11th May. Those interested into a scholarship must apply by the 1st June, while the general deadline for all application is set on the 8th June 2020 (23:59, Italian time). Early applications are strongly encouraged.
• 11th May 2020 - Applications open.
• 1st June 2020 - Deadline for scholarships' applications.
• 8th June 2020 - Deadline for all applications.
Successful candidates will be contacted by our Program Officer via email. To confirm their participation in the program, they must submit proof of payment of the program fees within five days after receiving the notification.
All candidates who fail to submit proof of payment will lose their eligibility and their place will be offered to the highest-ranking applicants in the waiting list.
Please see the Fees and Scholarships section of this website for further information.