Applications are welcome from:
• students at Master and Ph.D. level (though applications from students at Bachelor level will be considered). Student status will be extended to applicants who graduated in December 2022 or later and who are not currently employed full-time;
• professionals and researchers.
showing strong interest in the TOAfrica Summer School program and with a good knowledge of English thanks to study, volunteering, working, or any other relevant experience.
Although not mandatory, the possession of a Bachelor’s degree - such as the Laurea Triennale for Italian students – and a verifiable professional experience in the world of international cooperation, development, or in a field related to the topics covered by the program will both be considered as a bonus during the selection process. Similarly, a language certification is not required, but certifications of level B2 and above will be taken into consideration.
The maximum number of accepted participants will be 30. The only mode of participation is in-person at the Campus Luigi Einaudi (Turin, Italy).
The maximum number of accepted participants will be 30. The Selection Committee will focus on the following points:
• Academic performance and fluency in English;
•Consistency between the applicant’s academic background/ professional expertise and the topics covered in the Summer School program;
• Individual potential as expressed by the applicant’s CV;
• Strength of the applicant’s motivation and commitment, as expressed in the motivation letter.
Applicants are requested to fill in and submit:
• The online application form.
After submitting the application form, applicants must send the following documents via mail at email@example.com:
• Updated Curriculum Vitae;
• A copy of their University degree or any letter testifying their current student status;
• Any other relevant documentation the applicants may want to include.
Incomplete applications will be automatically discarded.
Upon receiving a candidate’s online application, the Programme Officer will check that compulsory requirements are met and that all required documents have been correctly submitted. The application package will then be passed on to the Selection Committee.
Applications will officially open on March 28 and close on May 20, 2023.
Early applications are strongly encouraged, as early birds applicants will receive a discount. Applicants will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
• March 28, 2023 - Applications open
• April 30, 2023 - Deadline for early bird applications
• May 27, 2023 - Deadline for general applications
Successful candidates will be contacted by our Program Officer via email in due course. To confirm their participation in the program, they must submit proof of payment of the program fees within five days after receiving the notification. Please make sure you check your SPAM inbox.
All candidates who fail to submit proof of payment will lose their eligibility, and their place will be offered to the highest-ranking applicants on the waiting list.
Please see the Fees and Scholarships section of this website for further information.